Would you like to develop and coordinate a student-to-student programme, which seeks to support the well-being and integration of new international Master’s students at Moesgaard Campus (MoCa), Aarhus University?
At MoCa we want to enrich and develop our international study environment within and across the Master’s programmes of Anthropology, Human Security, Archaeology and Sustainable Heritage Management. The purpose of the MoCa Mate programme is to offer new international Master’s students a (local) ‘MoCa Mate’ who knows her/his way around Moesgaard and AU – and who would like to inspire and get inspired by newly arrived students from abroad during the Autumn Semester 2017.
The student coordinator for the MoCa Mates programme should be a current Master’s student (either international or Danish) at Moesgaard, who is not traveling abroad for fieldwork, work placement or the like, in the autumn semester. The person will be responsible for recruiting and organising MoCa Mates (volunteers), who will be paired with new international students during the Master’s Intro Week at Moesgaard, from 4 to 8 September.
The student coordinator (i.e. ‘Chief Mate’) will be responsible for:
· Recruiting volunteers/MoCa Mates among fellow students or new Master’s students who are familiar with AU and the study environment at Moesgaard. Special emphasis should be put on obtaining MoCa-mates from each of the 4 Master’s programmers.
· Organizing a start-up meeting for the MoCa Mates – in collaboration with the student counsellors (late August).
· Ongoing integration of new MoCa Mates during the fall semester.
· Hosting a Facebook group for the MoCa Mates (exchange of experience).
· Support the use of Facebook-groups as a platform for student-to-student communication.
· Pairing MoCa Mates with new international students during a workshop in the Mater’s Intro Week.
· Conducting mid-term (oral) evaluation and final (written) evaluation of the MoCa Mate programme by the end of 2017.
· Prepare a pamphlet for new international students about relevant information to studying in Aarhus as well as Moesgaard.
· General coordination of the programme in collaboration with student counsellors and study coordinator.
The student coordinator will be paid for 40 hours (as a student assistant) for the programme period May-December 2017.
Please send a short, motivated application (half page), and tell us why you should be the student coordinator of the MoCa Mates programme.
For more information please contact Janne Bleeg Jensen, Study Coordinator, Department of Anthropology email@example.com.
Please upload your application via this link
Application deadline: 28 April 2017.